Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Grey


Snow through my window

There's nothing spectacular about this photo, its just another Danish winter morning. One of the many "just another" that is now so remote from my life. I miss the seasons. I always seek comfort in the past, even cold winter mornings are comforting in the glow of hindsight. I wish I could reach through the window and touch the snow once more, to remember how it is like to be carefree again; to live life like a snow flake, falling wherever the wind takes you. But snowflakes never last. And so perhaps it is our obligations and responsibilities that keep us grounded, yet alive. Is this the price of freedom or the cost of life.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this the price of freedom or the cost of life.

Neither. It's the price of being a (suffering) pupil who is at the bottom of the chain. In my case, associate. Then again, I'm also at the bottom of the chain.

And yet the wise words of George Bernard Shaw echo in the background (abbrieviated):

"Just do what must be done. This may not be happiness, but it is greatness."

jlss

11:46 pm  
Blogger Jammy said...

I agree. hahahahah
Shaw is right, but "greatness" warrants some form of comparison. And this begs the question, to what and with whom?

11:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home