Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Rubber Soul



Isn't it good, Norwegian wood?

Exams are always a good time for reflection. Exams are also good for numbing the soul and killing the senses. Isn't university education supposed to be much more than this? I should not fault the system when the fault is mine for adopting it. But, this is the path that was chosen what seems like an eternity ago. And this is the path that is almost ending. They say its the journey that matters not the destination. With the fall in oil prices I can now safely say that I agree, completely. Choosing to go in the general direction of everyone else when you have no sense of direction can only lead to one thing. Mediocrity. That is my journey, in a nutshell. Not that I resent being mediocre. Rather, I resent my ability to rationalise and vanquish the calls to break off, to break away. Thus, the fault remains mine alone. And so I do penance now for my sins of inaction, consoling myself with the chorus sung by everyone else that money can buy happiness, that money can buy satisfaction; pipping in occasionally with apologetics for the state of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home